Active Essentials Training will take place on 8th November 2015, 10am-1pm, Grangemouth Community Education Unit, Abbots Road, Grangemouth, FK3 8JB.
Local Active training event for youth workers and youth work volunteers to increase physical activity in the youth work setting.
This event is part of a series of free Youth Scotland local training events running across Scotland, where you can develop new skills, increase your knowledge and meet other youth workers.
Schedule for the day:
10am-Teas, coffees and arrivals
10.15am- Wake and Shake
10.30am- Workshop 1
1pm – Finish
The Workshop will incorporate elements of each of these workshops:
This fun workshop will provide participants with practical ideas to get young people engaged and interactive using team activities.
- Increase knowledge of how to encourage participation.
- Increase bank of ideas for delivery.
- Increase your understanding of how to adapt activities to different ages, abilities and settings.
This physical workshop demonstrates how simple it is to engage young people in fitness based activities and how to design and deliver fitness sessions.
- Gain an understanding of the importance of being active for young people and the role you can play in this.
- Learn simple and fun fitness based activities.
- Increase confidence in delivering fitness as part of youth work.
This fun, active workshop will provide practical tips and ideas on how to:
- Deliver simple dance, sport and games sessions to young people.
- Explore ways to encourage participation.
- Increase your confidence in leading active fun sessions.
Who should attend? Youth workers/leaders aged 16+ (paid, sessional or volunteers)
Cost – This event is free and a light lunch will be provided. However please note there will be a £25 charge for non-attendance on the day.
Sign up for this event here.