The Tesco Bags of Help fund criteria has been updated allowing many more types of local projects to be funded.
Some immediate changes to the programme include:
- Organisations can apply anytime for projects that bring benefits to the community
- Projects can be outdoor or indoor, improvements covering activities and equipment purchases
- Apply for capital and revenue funding between £1000 and £4000
- Community groups, schools, charities, local authorities and not for profits can all apply
- Eligible organisations can apply again for a different project at any time
To make the programme more local, the number of projects funded every two months has been increased. Tesco Bags of Help will still fund projects that improve or encourage the use of outdoor spaces, but now grants can also fund buying items such as sports kits, camping equipment, spades, litter pickers or specialised medical equipment and improvements to community buildings.
Following a public vote in Tesco stores every two months, three projects in each of the local Tesco store areas will receive a grant, with first place receiving up to £4000, second place £2000 and third place £1000.
For further information, please visit the Tesco Bags of Help website.