Tamfourhill Tenants and Residents Organisation is currently recruiting a Camelon Community Safety Engager.
The position is a fixed term contract over 3 years, with a salary of £26,000 per annum, based throughout Camelon.
The Community Safety Engager will be required to work in partnership successfully with local authorities, groups and local communities to ensure Camelon and Tamfourhill are safer, and will:
- connect with statutory and voluntary safety organisations to establish a Safer Camelon strategy for the 4 Camelon Areas (Tamfourhill, Easter Carmuirs, Carmuirs, and Nailer Park)
- organise local events to introduce the strategy
- recruit and support volunteers to become community advocates
- link with the primary schools, high schools and community groups
- develop campaigns, e.g. Road Safety, Child Safety, Community Safety
- organise events that address the safety needs of the area
- when necessary, attend Annual General Meetings and community organisation meetings
- deliver safety awareness training to the community in partnership with other agencies
- collate feedback through community surveys
- be able to demonstrate commitment to an asset-based approach
- have experience of successfully delivering campaigns and projects, and of working with volunteers to deliver these projects
- be able to work flexibly and attend occasional meetings outwith working hours
- have a track record of successful partnership working
- be fully committed to citizen participation
- have a background in supporting community groups and influencing change
- have a basic understanding of Health and Safety
- be able to compile and deliver reports
- have excellent IT skills
The successful candidate will be subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on Friday 27th March, with interviews due to be on held Friday 24th April (subject to change)
Please note, applications should be submitted by application pack only; CVs will not be accepted.
To download an application pack, or for further information, please visit the EVH recruitment website.