Children in Scotland are holding an interactive one-day conference, “Switching Off: Helping Children and Young People Cope with a Busy World”, on Wednesday 5th June, from 9:30am in Edinburgh.
The conference will provide the opportunity to discuss the latest research, learn new skills and share experiences in keeping children and young people informed and safe, both online and offline.
“Switching Off” is aimed at those who work directly with children and young people, those who support parents, families and carers, and those responsible for managing services and developing children’s services policy.
During the conference, attendees will have the opportunity to hear about:
- the relationship between sleep, screen time and “FOMO”, the fear of missing out
- creating positive online communities
- gaming addiction and persuasive design
- how to encourage young people to be mindful and present
- how technology can be used to develop skills and increase employability
- the latest resources available to keep young people safe while online
The cost varies depending on membership and ticket type, from £89 for individual and small organisation members, to £139 for statutory and large voluntary organisations.
To book your place, or for further information (including speakers and workshops), please visit the Children in Scotland website.