The Summer of Activities for Children and Young People is now open for applications from local organisations looking to help improve the wellbeing of children and young people over the summer holidays.
Grants of up to £10,000 available to deliver holiday activities and experiences, integrating food and wider family support where needed, and targeted at children and young people particularly adversely affected by the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The fund is aimed at those supporting and working with children and young people most likely to be experiencing continued disadvantage, including due to the pandemic. Several groups of children and young people may have particular wellbeing needs, which can require targeted support, including (but not limited to):
- children from low-income households
- children from the Tackling Child Poverty priority family groups (ie. larger families, families with a disabled child or adult, young mothers, families with children under one year old, and minority ethnic families)
- children from families who have been shielding during the pandemic and whose ability to engage in activities and socialise will have been very limited
- children with a disability or additional support need
- care-experienced children and young people
- young carers
- children in need of protection
- children supported by a Child’s Plan
- children who have undergone significant transitions during lockdown or will experience them this year, including starting in ELC, starting primary school, moving to secondary school and leaving school
Applications will be assessed by members of the Fairer Falkirk Partnership.
Support is available to help organisations develop their application, including from:
- the Fairer Falkirk team, who can provide general advice and support on applications, including how to promote activities towards the target groups
- contact them by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- the Falkirk Community Trust Active Schools team can provide advice on how to organise activities for children and young people in line with current COVID-19 guidance and restrictions
- contact Cameron Reid by email: Reid@falkirkcommunitytrust.org
- for menu ideas, portion guidance, resources, and training to support this round of funding, visit the NHS Forth Valley nutrition page, or email: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 11am on Monday 31st May.
To apply, or for further information, please visit the Falkirk Council website, linked for your convenience. (Please note, the application form and guidance documents download links are located towards the end of the page.)