NHS Forth Valley are holding free Stress Control classes in Falkirk and Grangemouth in August,, September and November 2016. The classes are available to anyone living or working in the Falkirk area.
The classes consist of six evening sessions, and are for people who want to learn ways to control common problems such as anxiety, depression, panic, poor sleep, burnout, loss of confidence or low self-esteem. Sessions normally have at least 30-50 people attending.
Attendees are not required to book, people can simply turn up at any session. Reception at the main entrance will direct attendees to where the class is being held, and attendees should sign the attendance sheet. Booklets and a CD are given out at the start of the sessions.
Stress Control classes will take place in Falkirk and Grangemouth across the following dates:
At Grangemouth High School, Tinto Drive, Falkirk, FK3 0HW:
- Tuesday 2nd August, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 9th August, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 30th August, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 6th September, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 13th September, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 20th September, 6:30pm – 8pm
At Falkirk High School, Westburn Avenue, Falkirk FK1 5BZ:
- Tuesday 1st November, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 8th November, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 15th November, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 22nd November, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 29th November, 6:30pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 6th November, 6:30pm – 8pm
Stress Control was devised 30 years ago, and is now used across the world.
People do not have to talk about their problems in the sessions (many people do not want to), and there is no writing to be done during them. However, people should practice what they learn each session in order to help control their stress.
People are welcome to bring someone else with them, either for support, or for their own benefit.
For further information, including details on each session, please contact Alan Taylor by phone: 07769 918 681, or email: FV-UHB.email@example.com