The Festival of Volunteering returns for 2018 on Wednesday 19th September, kicking off with the Volunteer Management and National Conference from 9:15am at the Engine Shed, Forthside Way, Stirling, FK8 1QZ.
The festival runs until Tuesday 25th September, with a variety of events, including the Family Day on Saturday 22nd September, 12pm – 4pm at Kings Park, 25 Albert Place, Stirling, FK8 2RF.
The day is a community-centred event which aims to bring local people and families together to celebrate and promote volunteering. There will be different activities on the day, including sport taster sessions, a bouncy castle, an arts and crafts tent, silent disco and stalls from local organisations and third sector groups.
Other events taking place as part of the festival include:
- Inspiring Volunteer Awards Co-Production Workshop on Thursday 20th September, 9:30am – 12pm at the Mayfield Community Centre, Sunnybank Road, St. Ninians, Stirling, FK7 0BD
- Supported Volunteer Programme 15 Year Celebration on Thursday, 20th September, 1:30pm – 3:30pm at the Mayfield Community Centre
- Creating A More Inclusive Future For Youth Volunteering Conference on Tuesday, 25th September, 10am – 4pm at The Tollbooth, Jail Wynd, Stirling FK8 1DE
The festival is organised by Volunteer Scotland, in partnership with:
- Active Stirling
- Forth Valley College
- Historic Environment Scotland
- Stirling Council
- the Stirling University Students’ Union
- Stirlingshire Voluntary Enterprise (SVE)
They are also able to promote local events which fit the festival’s volunteering theme and take place in Stirling Tuesday 19th September – Tuesday 25th September, and add them to the programme.
For further information, including how to promote your event through the programme, please contact Volunteer Scotland by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, visit the Festival of Volunteering website.