The Smarter Choices, Smarter Places (SCSP) Open Fund aims to encourage people to change their behaviours and walk or cycle as part of their everyday short journeys. The fund will also encourage people to use sustainable travel choices for longer journeys
New, innovative projects are sought, which demonstrate how they will deliver one of the following outcomes:
- increased walking and cycling modal share for short local journeys
- an increase in other sustainable travel choices for longer journeys, i.e. public transport or car share
- changes in knowledge, attitudes and beliefs towards sustainable travel choice
- reduced car use for short local journeys
- reduced driver only journeys
Smaller grants of £5,000 – £10,000, and larger grants of £10,001 – £50,000, are available for up to 50% of total project costs (25% of the total project cost can be in-kind contributions).
Organisations eligible to apply are:
- constituted groups, clubs and community organisations
- registered charities
- not for profit company or Community Interest Companies (CICs)
- schools, universities or colleges
- statutory bodies (including town, parish and community council)
- Regional Transport Partnerships and Health and Social Care Partnerships (HSCPs)
- health boards
- business improvement districts
- local authorities
There is no deadline, and expressions of interest are invited at any time from interested applicants.
For further information, including how to apply, please visit the SCSP page on the Paths for All website.