Scottish Families Affected by Alcohol and Drugs (SFAD) supports those concerned about someone’s alcohol or drug use, be it a family member, carer, friend, neighbour, work colleague, or any other concerned significant other. They provide a range of services across Forth Valley.
Their Forth Valley Family Support Service runs local support groups across Forth Valley, including:
- the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month, 10am – 12pm at the Grangemouth Community Education Unit, 69 – 71 Abbots Road, Grangemouth, FK3 8JE
- the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month, 4pm – 6pm at Addictions, Support and Counselling (ASC), 32 Vicars Road, Falkirk, FK1 1JB
Group times and dates may change; those planning to attend should contact the Family Support Service beforehand by phone: 07484024407, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SFAD also offers additional services, including:
- A FREE confidential helpline across various mediums:
- Phone: 08080 10 10 11
- Text: 07537431353
- Email: email@example.com
- Webchat is available on the SFAD website, Monday – Friday, 9am – 11pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 5pm – 11pm. Voicemails can be left out of hours and an advisers will call back.
- Their telehealth service, a series of free one-to-one sessions over the phone, video chat or instant messaging over 6 – 8 weeks, available across Scotland.
- Their Bereavement Support service, offering listening support and advice to family members who have lost a loved one where drugs may have been a reason for their death, along with the opportunity to speak to a professional counsellor in their local area. The service is free, offers up to 6 individual counselling sessions and is available across Scotland.
For further information on any SFAD services, please contact SFAD by phone: 0141 465 7523, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org