Self Directed Support (SDS) Forth Valley are currently recruiting a Self Directed Support Information Officer.
The position is full time, with a salary of £23,111 per annum and an initial contract of 12 months (continuation subject to funding).
The successful candidate will be based in Grangemouth, while working throughout the wider Forth Valley area. They will work as part of a small team providing self-directed support information and guidance to individual, carers, families, and Health and Social Care Partnerships (HSCP) across the area.
Amongst other areas, the role will focus on:
- increasing the number of people able to make informed choices about using self-directed support to take more control of their lives
- improving confidence and skills of those choosing to employ personal assistants
- providing information, guidance and support in signposting to people who do not qualify for self-directed support
Applicants must have:
- educational skills in numeracy, IT and English
- experience of providing information, guidance and support
- knowledge of self-directed support (particularly Option 1, direct payments)
- an understanding and commitment to the principles of independent living, the social model of disability and the empowerment of disabled people
- an understanding of website maintenance and social media
The deadline for applications is 1pm on Monday 8th July. Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 15th July in Grangemouth.
To apply, please request an application pack from SDS Forth Valley by phone: 01324 508794, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, for further information (including a full list of requirements and responsibilities), view or download the job description.