Scottish Mediation was established in 1990 to provide access to quality-assured mediation services and raise the profile of mediation in Scotland.
They aim to help resolve issues before they escalate into major, potentially destructive disputes by:
- promoting a wider understanding of the appropriate use of mediation in conflict management and prevention
- support and promote education, training and research in skills and best practice
- create and encourage links between mediators and the Scottish public, private, voluntary and community organisations
- promote and organise standards of professional conduct and training
In addition to an enhanced helpline (0131 556 8118), which provides the opportunity to speak to a mediator, their Third Sector Mediation Project offers a three-tiered mediation service to third sector organisations:
- Level 1 – Pro-Bono Mediation Service: up to one day’s mediation. Available to charities and voluntary organisations with an annual income of up to £50,000
- Level 2 – Reduced Fee Mediation Service: available to charities and voluntary organisations with an annual income between £50,000 and £250,000. Maximum set fee of £300 per day (plus VAT where appropriate)
- Level 3 – Scottish Mediation Helpline Service: available to all other third sector organisations. Maximum fee of £100 per hour (plus VAT where appropriate)
For further information on the project, please contact May Millward by phone: 0131 556 1221, or email: email@example.com
Alternatively, visit the Scottish Mediation website.