Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health (FDAMH) are holding a 2 day Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid training course on Tuesday 5th June and Tuesday 12th June, 9am – 4pm in their office at the Victoria Centre, 173 Victoria Road, Falkirk, FK2 7AU.
The training provides an opportunity to learn mental health first aider skills and will improve attendees’ knowledge and understanding of mental health. Places cost £92 each.
By the end of the course attendees should have a greater understanding of the following:
- The recovery message
- The impact of alcohol and drugs on mental health
- Suicide intervention
- Applying the ALGEE framework as a mental health first-aider
- What to do and say in a crisis
- Signposting to professional help
- Listening skills
- Understanding of and how to offer first aid to someone experiencing depression, anxiety or a psychotic episode
- Know what to say and do in a crisis
To book your place, please visit the FADMH website.