Sport Scotland has announced that its Sport Scotland Sports Facilities Fund is open for applications.
The Fund provides grants for the provision or upgrading of sports facilities for the general community. Priority will be given to projects that connect with the sports programmes and initiatives operated by the local authority, national governing body for sport and their partners.
Applicants need to demonstrate that the proposed development is for the public good and will provide equitable opportunities for increased sports participation by the community.
There are two funding streams:
- Small Projects under £100,000
- Large Projects over £100,000
The following groups can apply for funding:
- Voluntary sports clubs (including Community Sports Hubs)
- Public bodies such as local authorities
- Social enterprises such as leisure trusts
- Area sports associations
- Recognised Scottish governing bodies of sport
- Charitable trusts, playing field associations, youth and uniformed organisations
- Educational establishments such as universities, colleges and schools
- Companies limited by guarantee
Applications for small projects are accepted at any time.
For large projects there is a two stage application process (outline and full). The outline application is intended to give the applicant formal feedback before the full depth of the project is developed. On successful completion of an outline application the applicant will receive a full application pack.