The School Holiday Food Fund is open for applications around the February 2022 school holidays.
The aim of the fund is to support local organisations help improve the wellbeing of children and young people during the school holidays across Falkirk. Funding of up to £500 is available to provide food and activities to local children and young people during the February school holidays.
Due to the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases, and in order to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Falkirk Council encourages groups to consider providing activities that can be delivered at home or outdoors.
Who is the Funding Intended to Reach?
The funding is aimed at children and young people across Falkirk who may have wellbeing needs. They include:
- children from low-income households
- children from the Tackling Child Poverty priority family groups:
- larger families
- families with a disabled child or adult
- young mothers
- families with children under one year old
- families from ethnic minority communities
- children from families who have been shielding during the pandemic and whose ability to engage in activities and socialise have been very limited
- children with a disability or additional support need
- care-experienced children and young people
- young carers
- children in need of protection
- children supported by a child’s plan
- children who have undergone significant transitions during lockdown or will experience them this year, including starting in ELC, starting primary school, moving to secondary school and leaving school
How to Apply
The Application form and guidance are available on the Falkirk Council website (linked for your convenience).
The deadline for applications is Monday 7th February. Applications will be assessed by members of the Fairer Falkirk Partnership.
Completed application forms and any supporting documents should be submitted to the Fairer Falkirk Partnership by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support is available to help you develop your application:
- For help completing your application (including how you can promote food and activities towards the target groups), contact the Fairer Falkirk Partnership by email: email@example.com
- For advice on how to organise activities for children and young people (in line with COVID-19 guidance), contact Cameron Reid at Falkirk Community Trust by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For menu ideas, portion guidance, resources, and training to support the food provision of funding, visit the NHS Forth Valley Nutrition page, or contact the Nutrition team by email: email@example.com