Does your organisation have young volunteers under 25?
Are they currently receiving the recognition that they deserve for their volunteering?
Saltire Awards are a great way to recognise your young volunteers for all the support that they provide to your organisation. Saltire Awards is an initiative, supported by the Scottish Government to recognise and celebrate the commitment young people in Scotland give to volunteering and their communities. Young people ages between 12 and 25 years can get involved working through each of the stages of the Awards; from completing a timesheet through to writing a journal keeping notes of all the activities that they get involved in. They can receive an Award for as little as 10 hours up to 500 hours of volunteering.
All organisations need to do is complete the following simple steps:
- Register with CVS Falkirk and request a Saltire toolkit.
- Ask your young volunteers to complete the Saltire registration form and send into CVS Falkirk.
- Encourage volunteers to keep their timesheets up to date. Sign off their timesheets on a regular basis to verify their hours.
- Request Awards by e-mail: email@example.com or post to CVS Falkirk.
- Awards, including Young Scot Rewards, will be sent to your volunteer coordinator for you to present to your young volunteer.
There is a dedicated Saltire Awards website where more information can be found, registrations can be done and hours can be submitted. Please go to
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org