In June 2016 there will be “Lets Walk Recovery” events all over Scotland to promote Recovery Walk Scotland 2016. This is an opportunity to kick start your preparations for attending the walk this year.
Recovery Walk Scotland 2016 will take place in Falkirk on Saturday 17th September to celebrate recovery from addiction. Forth Valley Recovery Community will host a local event on Tuesday 14th June, 10am – 11:30am at the Kelpies Visitor Centre Café, Falkirk, FK2 7ZT.
2000 people took part in last year’s Recovery Walk, which brings together recovery activists from across Scotland and beyond to celebrate recovery from addiction.
“Lets Walk Recovery” event tour dates:
- 11th June Aberdeen, The Foyer. 1pm- 3pm. Hosts Aberdeen in Recovery
- 14th June Falkirk, The Kelpies Visitor Centre Café, 10am-11.30. Hosts Forth Valley Recovery Community
- 15th June Bathgate, Pre-Synch, 27 George St, 11am-1pm. Hosts Cyrenians
- 15th June Inverness, Centre For Health Science, 1pm-3pm. Hosts Highland ADP
- 16th June Edinburgh, Recovery Hub 2, Craigmiller Castle Rd, Hosts Branching Out
- 22nd June Dundee, Cairn Centre,12 Rattray Street, Dundee, DD1 1NA. Host Cairn Scotland
- 22nd June Musselburgh,Starfish Café, Hope Church,49 Bridge Street, Host: Starfish recovery café
- 23rd June Glasgow, The Drop In, Possilpoint Community Centre, Denmark St, 5.30-7.30. Host NWRC
- 23rd June Galashiels, Recovery Café, Galasheils Resource Centre, Gala Park. Host Borders Recovery Café
- 29th June Glasgow, PARC, Church of the Nazarene, Parkhead, 12pm (half hour only) Host NERC