The Rainbow Muslim Women’s Group (RMWG) are currently recruiting a Project Co-ordinator.
The position is for 14 hours per week, with a wage of £8.25 per hour (£6,006 per annum) and a fixed term contract until September 2018. (However, this may be extended, subject to funding.)
RMWG was established in 1999 with the aim of bringing together socially isolated ethnic minority women living in Falkirk. The activities they deliver include light physical exercise sessions, healthy cooking, arts and crafts, informal training workshops, and information sessions designed to equip women with the skills, knowledge and experiences to improve quality of life.
The majority of the women that they work with face language and cultural barriers, lack confidence and are often isolated. They encourage and provide these women with a friendly space and atmosphere in which they can meet other women and participate in various activities and events which are going to benefit their health, wellbeing and improve their skill set.
Applicants should have a clear understanding of what quality, fun and active programme activities look like, having professional experience of working directly with women from all backgrounds, delivering activities in a charity, arts, heritage, leisure or similar setting.
Following set timelines and managing a budget allocated to them, the successful candidate will source and develop activity or resource content on specific topics from group leaders, partner organisations and others.
The project co-ordinator will also review data, identify trends in the feedback and propose recommendations to the group management, using their knowledge of learning theory and varied learning approaches on how to improve content.
Building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external organisations including young members, volunteers, staff of all levels, and third party providers, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, and negotiation skills.
The main roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- to raise the profile of the organisation as well as RMWG projects amongst public and third sector agencies and the diverse Muslim and Minority Ethnic communities of Falkirk and surrounding areas.
- to source opportunities for partnership working
- to facilitate delivery of RMWG campaigns in and around Falkirk
- to recruit Minority Ethnic women for RWMG workshops and community events
- to support with organising training and other events
- to provide line management support to sessional staff and volunteers
- to work closely with other RMWG Management committee to deliver specific activities and events.
- use creative and innovative ways to promote the work of RMWG, including using social and creative media.
- to identify women’s groups, classes, gatherings to actively engage with Muslim and Minority Ethnic women in and around Falkirk
- to monitor and evaluate activities, provide evidence and accurate records of progress and achieving project targets, and write regular reports
- to maintain databases and undertake any other relevant administrative duties
- to participate in fundraising activities, including the supporting of writing funding applications to ensure sustainability of the project
- to actively participate in staff and other RMWG meetings as required
- to contribute to the overall planning and implementation of development work and support implementation of work plans
- to travel for meetings, networking, training and other relevant duties (expenses will be paid)
Due to the nature of this role, it is reserved for women only, under Schedule 9, Part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 18th August.
To apply, please request an application pack from RMWG by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, for further information on the role, contact the RMWG at the address above.