Project Theatre (SCIO) is looking for a new Treasurer to join their board of trustees.
They are looking for someone with experience of finances and basic accountancy, and ideally some experience of charity accounts (including submitting to the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)).
The Treasurer would be delegated the responsibility of detailed oversight of Project Theatre’s finances by the board. This would include becoming Project Theatre’s key contact with their bank, taking the lead role in the preparation of the annual report and accounts (including liaising with the Independent Financial Examiner) and supporting the Chair and Artistic Director on operational financial issues.
The treasurer will oversee Project Theatre’s financial matters, in line with good practice and in accordance with the constitution and legal requirements, and report to the board of trustees at regular intervals about the financial health of the organisation.
The board meets in Grangemouth and Falkirk every 3 – 4 months to review updates, fundraising plans, finances, operational updates, and new projects.
- oversee monthly accounts
- approve monthly outgoing payments
- report to the board at quarterly meetings on financial issues and summarizing the organisation’s financial position
- review and oversee the production of annual accounts, liaising with the chair and independent examiner
- become one of the key contacts for OSCR and the bank
- approve large charitable activity expenditure and appraise the financial viability of new charitable expenditure
- oversee the production of annual and project specific budgets
- contribute to the fundraising strategy
- alongside the rest of the board, make sure that the financial resources of Project Theatre meet its present and future needs
- knowledge and experience of current fundraising and finance practices relevant to charity, voluntary and community organisations
- knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as required)
- good financial analysis skills
- ability to communicate clearly
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Jamie O’Rourke by email: email@example.com