A Housing Traineeship is available with Clydebank Housing Association, 77-83 Kilbowie Rd, Clydebank G81 1BL
Traineeship Reference: 2020/05
Traineeship Name: Housing Trainee – Clydebank Housing Association
PATH (Scotland) is offering a 36 month Positive Action Training Scheme, which has been specifically designed to redress the under-representation of Black and Minority Ethnic communities in employment in Scottish Housing. PATH works in collaboration with Local Authority Housing Departments and Registered Social Landlords across Scotland to provide housing training opportunities. This traineeship is in partnership with Clydebank Housing Association.
The training involves:
- 36 months’ work experience
- specialist qualifications and professional membership
- training allowance of £13,540.80 per year is tied to the Scottish Living Wage (£9.30/hr) and is exempt from tax and national insurance.
At the end of the programme, trainees can compete for jobs in the Scottish Housing sector.
Applicants should be:
- from Black and Minority Ethnic Communities and committed to a housing career
- willing to undertake a demanding training and study programme over 36 months – 4 days’ work experience (between Monday and Friday) inclusive of one day’s attendance at college or university during the academic year
Applicants should have:
- awareness of social housing issues and the duties of a registered social landlord
- good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- confident communication skills, both written and verbal
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 21st October at 12.30pm
Interviews will be held on Thursday 29th October at Clydebank Housing Association’s office in Clydebank.
For further information and an application pack, please contact:
Suite 2, Firhill Business Centre
74-76 Firhill Road
Tel: 0141 332 9477
This scheme is promoted under section 158 of the Equality Act 2010 and is currently supported by Local Authorities and Housing Associations across Scotland.