One Parent Families Scotland (OPFS) is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Early Years Practitioner to join their team and help achieve their vision of a Scotland in which single parents and their children are valued and treated equally and fairly.
Location: OPFS Falkirk
Salary: Post is paid at LW of £9.30 per hour. This is £9,430 per annum pro-rated.
Hours: 26 hours a week for term time only (39 weeks per year).
Closing date: 2nd October 2020 at 12 noon
The Early Years Practitioner is responsible to the Centre Manager. The applicant should have an SVQ3 or equivalent qualification in Childcare and have knowledge of Pre-Birth to Three and Curriculum for Excellence. You will have a responsibility for key children with the expectation of continually updating Children’s Record, including observations:
- Provide quality day care sessions compliant with Care Inspectorate requirements including all monitoring and evaluation collation as required.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children in their early years.
- Build and maintain a positive partnership with parents while promoting the benefits working collaboratively to support positive parent /child interactions.
- Carry out regular observation, assessment, planning and recording of each child’s progress.
- Assist in the fostering of positive relationships and close working links with the range of professionals in order to promote access to wider integrated services for all families and children.
- Contribute to maintaining appropriate positive behaviour strategies with children.
- Work in conjunction with colleagues within the setting and outside agencies to meet the needs of individual children.
- Work with colleagues within the setting and outside agencies to meet the needs of individual children.
- Keep up to date with best early years practice, local and national policy.
- Undertake a share of other duties associated with the provision of childcare sessions including cleaning of resources and equipment, preparation of snack etc.
For further information, including how to apply, please visit the OPFS website.