We’re delighted to confirm that Action on Hearing Loss Scotland will be attending our FREE Older People’s Day event on Tuesday 2nd October, 10am – 3pm at Falkirk Town Hall, Westbridge Street, Falkirk, FK1 5RS.
They will be taking bookings for their next free hearing checks on Thursday 11th October, along with providing details of all the support and services they can offer for older people and those experiencing hearing loss in Falkirk, including those in the D/deaf communities and British Sign Language (BSL) users.
They’ll be joined on the day by a range of other local organisations, including Police Scotland, who will be bringing their fake ATM to highlight ATM fraud and the methods criminals use.
Other stallholders will include:
- our partners from Solicitors for Older People Scotland with one of the new presentations on the day, including information on Power of Attorney and their range of legal services for older people
- Falkirk and Clackmannanshire Carers Centre, who provide support to carers across both areas
- Outside the Box, offering various support to those looking to make a difference in their communities
- CSREC’s Dementia and Care in Our Communities project, which looks to understand the experiences of people affected by dementia from minority ethnic communities in the Forth Valley
- our first demonstration from Live, Laugh, Breathe!, a local laughter yoga class which aims to help people develop increased energy, better immune response and increased ability to deal with stress in a healthy way
More organisations will be announced in the coming weeks. Don’t forget, you can follow all our Older People’s Day 2018 updates and activities on the new OPD Falkirk website.
We encourage everyone who would like to come along on the day to book their place via the Eventbrite page, to ensure they have the chance to see the presentations and activities which interest them.
There’s also still time to contribute to our Older Human Rights Champions project and tell us about the people you know who have worked for an upheld human rights in Falkirk! We will then display them at the event, celebrating and promoting everything older people have done to help make the lives of others better.
To submit your stories, or for further information on how to request a stall for your third or public sector organisation, please contact Laura Jamieson by phone: 01324 692003, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org