With only 3 weeks to go until our Older People’s Day event on Friday 29th September, 10am – 2pm, preparations are well underway.
The event will be held at the Archibald Russell Centre, Haypark Road, Denny, FK6 5JZ, with stalls from organisations who offer support, services and information for older people, their families and carers in the Falkirk area.
Our partners from Solicitors for Older People Scotland will be there on the day with information on Power of Attorney and other legal services they offer to older people.
The Active and Independent Living Improvement Programme (AILIP) will talk about the Take the Balance Challenge, while the Stroke Association will be conducting FREE blood pressure checks, and For Eyes opticians will be offering FREE glasses tightening to attendees.
Events like Older People’s Day and Silver Sunday are part of a national celebration of older people’s achievements and contributions to our society and economy, working to challenge stereotypes and promote positive attitudes to ageing.
There will also be stalls on the day from the following organisations and groups:
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Alzheimer Scotland
- Carron Connections
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Central Scotland Regional Equality Council (CSREC)
- CVS Falkirk
- Falkirk and Clackmannanshire Carers Centre
- Falkirk Council Housing Team
- Falkirk Libraries Home Library Service
- Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health (FDAMH)
- Forth Valley Sensory Centre
- Forth Valley Top Toes
- Frailty Liaison Officer for NHS Forth Valley
- Make It Happen (the older people’s forum)
- Outside the Box
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Parliament Outreach Services
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Scottish Seniors Computer Clubs (Falkirk group)
- Strathcarron Hospice’s Community Development Team
- Trading Standards
- Wider Access to Schools (WASP) Denny
- U3A Falkirk
For further information, please contact Laura Jamieson by phone: 01324 692000, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org