Our free Older People’s Day drop-in event is just ONE WEEK away on Friday 29th September, 10am – 2pm at the Archibald Russell Centre, Haypark Road, Denny, FK6 5JZ.
On the day, there will be a variety of support organisations present, highlighting the services they offer older people in Falkirk, including our partners Solicitors for Older People Scotland, who will be there on the day with information on Power of Attorney.
There will also be free blood pressure checks from the Stroke Association, while The Active and Independent Living Improvement Programme (AILIP) will talk about the Take the Balance Challenge. For Eyes opticians will also be offering free glasses tightening to attendees.
John McNally, MP for Falkirk, will attend the event to speak with attendees and stallholders, which will include ALFY (the Advice Line for You), Dial-a-Journey, Social Work Adult Services and Falkirk’s Adult Support and Protection.
Events like Older People’s Day and Silver Sunday are part of a national celebration of older people’s achievements and contributions to our society and economy, working to challenge stereotypes and promote positive attitudes to ageing.
There will also be stalls on the day from the following organisations and groups:
- Action on Hearing Loss
- The Active and Independent Living Improvement Programme (AILIP)
- Adult Support and Protection
- ALFY (the Advice Line for You)
- Carron Connections
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Central Scotland Regional Equality Council (CSREC)
- Community Learning and Development
- CVS Falkirk
- Falkirk and Clackmannanshire Carers Centre
- Falkirk Council Housing Team
- Falkirk Libraries Home Library Service
- Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health (FDAMH)
- For Eyes opticians
- Forth Valley Sensory Centre
- Forth Valley Talking Newspaper (Newsline)
- Forth Valley Top Toes
- Frailty Liaison Officer for NHS Forth Valley
- Home Energy Scotland
- Keep Safe Scotland
- Make It Happen (the older people’s forum)
- Outside the Box
- Parkinson’s (Falkirk branch)
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Parliament Outreach Services
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Scottish Seniors Computer Clubs (Falkirk group)
- Social Work Adult Services
- Solicitors for Older People
- Strathcarron Hospice’s Community Development Team
- Stroke Association
- Trading Standards
- Wider Access to Schools (WASP) Denny
- U3A Falkirk
For further information, please contact Laura Jamieson by phone: 01324 692000, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org