Our Older People’s Day drop-in event is now just over two weeks away on Friday 30th September, 10am – 2pm at the Forth Valley Sensory Centre.
This year, we’re working in partnership with Solicitors for Older People Scotland, who will be there on the day with information on Power of Attorney and the many benefits of having it in place. They will also have information about other services they provide for older people.
As with our 2015 event, the event will once again bring together a broad range of support organisations highlighting the services they offer older people in Falkirk.
Attendees can speak with the following attending organisations, finding out more about what they do:
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Alzheimers Scotland
- The Braveheart Association
- Central Scotland Regional Equality Council (CSREC)
- ENABLE Scotland’s Picking up the Pieces
- Falkirk and Clackmannanshire Carers Centre
- Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health (FDAMH)
- Falkirk Council’s Care and Repair Team
- Forth Valley Talking Newspaper
- Forth Valley Top Toes
- Make It Happen Older People’s Forum
- My Day My Way
- NHS Forth Valley Reach Team
- Outside the Box
- Parkinson’s Falkirk Branch
- Pensions Wise
- Police Scotland
- Relationships Scotland
- Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB)
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Solicitors for Older People Scotland
- Self-Directed Support Forth Valley
- The Stroke Association
- U3A Falkirk
- The Wise Group and Home Energy Scotland
There will be Otago sessions, which can be booked through CVS Falkirk, blood pressure checks, information on Fire Safety Home Visits and hearing checks, along with the opportunity to pick up some healthy recipes and fruit portions.
CVS Falkirk will also have its own stall, with information on the volunteering opportunities available to older people in Falkirk, and the various benefits it can bring, such as with Forth Valley Top Toes.
The Sensory Centre’s Café Tiki will be open throughout the event, with a meal deal available to attendees. Tea and coffee will also be provided.
Fort further information, or to book your place on one of the Otago sessions, please contact Laura Jamieson by phone: 01324 692000, or email: email@example.com