Places are still available for the he Scottish Drugs Forum’s one-day training courses on New Psychoactive Substances (NPS) on Monday 27th February 2017, 9:30am – 4:30pm at the Camelon Community Centre.
The course aims to provide participants with up-to-date information about the latest trends in NPS. As such, they will cover the different drug categories and how they relate to various NPS, the key effects and side-effects of the most prevalent substances in use, and how to effectively engage with people who use NPS.
They will also provide an opportunity to discuss the impact of NPS in participants’ own area of work, and the issues NPS can cause.
By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- identify the impact of new psychoactive substances in their workplace
- name the seven categories of drugs which apply to NPS and describe their key effects
- recall current and emerging trends in NPS use
- give an overview of key substances in use
- identify treatment options
- recall effective techniques and strategies to work with users, including harm reduction
To book your place at either date, please contact Heather Jolly or Anita Dufton by email: FV-UHB.FVADP@nhs.net
Alternatively, for further information, contact the Scottish Drugs Forum Administrative Team by phone: 0141 221 1175, or email: email@example.com