Central Scotland Green Network Trust (CSGNT) has launched their Community Project Fund 2017 to support community projects working to improve their local greenspace. The fund will be open for applications from Monday 20th March 2017.
The £40,000 Community Project Fund supported by £30,000 funding from the Greggs Foundation and £10,000 from Central Scotland Green Network Trust (CSGNT) will provide one-off grants of up to £1,000 to support small-scale greenspace initiatives and to foster community engagement in maintaining and enhancing the local environment.
Example project activities include:
- conservation and education projects, like developing a safe, natural learning space
- biodiversity activities, such as planting and improvements to ponds and wetlands for local wildlife
- community events, such as a park improvement day
- developing a community growing area
- woodland arts activities, such as carved log seating or mosaics
The deadline for completed applications and all supporting information is 12 noon on Monday 1st May 2017.
For further information, please visit the CSGNT website.