We are delighted to announce that John McNally, MP for Falkirk, will be attending our Older People’s Day 2017 event!
Mr McNally will speak with attendees and stallholders both at the event, which is only two weeks away, on Friday 29th September, 10am – 2pm at the Archibald Russell Centre, Haypark Road, Denny, FK6 5JZ, which will be hosting organisations who offer support, services and information for older people, their families and carers in the Falkirk area
In addition to Mr McNally, we can confirm that the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service will be there to book Home Safety Visits, along with Braveheart, the Forth Valley Talking Newspaper Association (Newsline), and Forth Valley Top Toes, who provide a personal footcare service for older and disabled people.
Our partners Solicitors for Older People Scotland will provide information on Power of Attorney, while The Active and Independent Living Improvement Programme (AILIP) will talk about the Take the Balance Challenge.
The Stroke Association will be conducting FREE blood pressure checks, and For Eyes opticians will be offering FREE glasses tightening to attendees.
Events like Older People’s Day and Silver Sunday are part of a national celebration of older people’s achievements and contributions to our society and economy, working to challenge stereotypes and promote positive attitudes to ageing.
There will also be stalls on the day from the following organisations and groups:
- Adult Support and Protection
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Alzheimer Scotland
- Carron Connections
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Central Scotland Regional Equality Council (CSREC)
- CVS Falkirk
- Falkirk and Clackmannanshire Carers Centre
- Falkirk Council Housing Team
- Falkirk Libraries Home Library Service
- Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health (FDAMH)
- Forth Valley Sensory Centre
- Forth Valley Talking Newspaper (Newsline)
- Forth Valley Top Toes
- Frailty Liaison Officer for NHS Forth Valley
- Make It Happen (the older people’s forum)
- Outside the Box
- Police Scotland
- Scottish Parliament Outreach Services
- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
- Scottish Seniors Computer Clubs (Falkirk group)
- Strathcarron Hospice’s Community Development Team
- Trading Standards
- Wider Access to Schools (WASP) Denny
- U3A Falkirk
For further information, please contact Laura Jamieson by phone: 01324 692000, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org