Independent Age has opened Round 3 of their Independent Age Grants Fund for applications, which will now be the final round.
The Grants Fund aims to help smaller organisations across the UK support older people most affected by COVID-19. Through this, Independent Age aims to reach more people, particularly those who are living in complex and challenging situations, and those in danger of being overlooked.
£2 million has been released, with £760,000 available each round; organisations can apply for grants of up to £15,000, with the next deadline at 9am on Friday 11th September.
While the key criteria and focus of the Grants Fund haven’t changed, some requirements have been adjusted in the light of a huge response and the changing environment for older people, along with the application guidance and FAQs.
In addition, there is now an online application form.
To be eligible, groups and organisations must:
- be a registered charity
- have at least 3 trustees
- have at least one paid member of staff (full- or part-time)
- have an annual income of £1 million or less (averaged across the last 3 financial years)
- have a minimum of 2 years’ published charity accounts
- already be working with older people in one or both of the priority groups mentioned above
- have a plan on what they want to do (or do better) to help make an immediate difference in those older people’s lives over the next 6 months
Organisations not specialising in work with older people are welcome to apply, but must already be providing services for older people as part of your work, and to be able to highlight their achievements.
Full eligibility criteria is available on the Independent Age website.
Alternatively, for further information contact the team by email: GrantsFund@independentage.org (Please note they are currently unable to speak on the phone.)