Grants of up to £1000 are available to help community groups providing Holiday Clubs in the Falkirk area during summer 2019 (Monday 1st July – Friday 16th August).
For the purposes of this fund, Holiday Clubs are defined as: “Projects that provide families with meals and opportunities to engage in the community during the school holidays.”
To apply for a grant, groups must have:
- a signed constitution
- a bank account in the name of the group with two signatories on all payments
- a child protection policy
- risk assessments for the club and activities
- relevant staff and volunteers as members of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme, if required
Funding decisions will be made by a panel from the Fairer Falkirk Partnership, part of Community Planning Falkirk. Preference will be given to holiday clubs that:
- focus on low income families
- provide nourishing food every day
- coach food preparation and cooking skills
- provide learning programmes
- promote half an hour of moderate to vigorous exercise every day
Please note that activities promoting religious or political beliefs, private companies or individuals, and running costs for applicant groups and organisations will not be funded.
With limited funds available, an upper limit of £1000 has been set. Funding will be spread amongst many groups across the Falkirk Council area, and applicants are encouraged to be realistic about the amount they require. Additionally, given that the grants are publicly funded, assurances will be needed for areas such as banking and insurance.
The deadline for applications is Friday 31st May; however, funding decisions may be made before this.
The panel will consider applications regularly over the coming weeks, and as a result, groups and organisations are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
Following the summer period, the Fairer Falkirk Partnership will work with those who received grants to gather information on the benefits the holiday club delivered.
Alternatively, completed applications can be sent by post: Funding, Corporate & Housing Services, Falkirk Council, Municipal Buildings, Falkirk, FK1 5RS.