Falkirk Community Planning Partnership (CPP) has announced that grants of up to £1000 are available to help community groups providing Holiday Clubs in the Falkirk area this summer, running Monday 2nd July – Friday 17th August.
For this fund, Holiday Clubs are defined as “Projects that provide families with meals and opportunities to engage in the community during the school holidays.” Fairer Falkirk Partnership will work with successful organisations to gather information on the benefits the holiday club delivered.
To apply for a grant, groups must have:
- a signed constitution
- a bank account in the name of the group with two signatories on all payments
- a child protection policy
- risk assessments for the club and activities
- relevant staff and volunteers as members of Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme, if required
Preference will be given to holiday clubs that:
- focus on low income families
- provide good, nourishing food every day
- coach food prep and cooking skills
- provide learning programmes
- promote half an hour of moderate to vigorous exercise every day
Grants will not be made towards:
- activities promoting religious or political beliefs
- private companies or individuals
- running costs for organisations
Funding decisions will be made by a panel from the Fairer Falkirk Partnership. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 15th June; however, funding decisions may be made before this date, as the panel will consider applications regularly over the coming weeks, so applications should be submitted as soon as possible.
To request an application form, or for further information, please contact Falkirk CPP by email: email@example.com