The Green Action Outlook project is aimed at unemployed 16-25 year olds who have experienced setbacks due to stressful life events or ill health, but are ready to take a step closer to the world of work in a friendly, relaxed and supportive environment.
This is a volunteering opportunity that combines real work experience, training and support.
Green Action Outlook offers the opportunity to learn different skills in a variety of ways, as detailed below:
- Landscaping and gardening skills
- Forest skills, bushcraft, forest art and crafts
- Conservation skills and woodworking
- Plants and people and plant ID
- Safe use of tools, and health and safety
- Planting bulbs and wildflowers
- Painting and maintenance
- Saltire Award and John Muir Award
- What am I good at?
- Writing a CV
- Job searching
- Interview skills
- Workplace behaviour
- Dealing with challenges
- Making a good impression
- Employability Award (SCQF level 4)
The project will run every Thursday from 10am – 4pm at The Falkirk Wheel for 12 weeks starting Thursday 1st September 2016.
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact the Volunteer Team by phone: 01324 692000, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org