Go! Youth Trust have developed an online timetable to continue to mentor and befriend young people who struggle with anxiety, via Zoom conferencing and Instagram.
They have also organised various online drop-in services for people to stay connected whilst isolating during COVID-19, including:
- “Jog ‘n’ Blog”: walking or jogging in isolation while connected to an Instagram group chat, sharing pictures and completing challenges. Young people should add Go! Youth Trust to Instagram to take part
- Switch Job Club: online support for young people aged 16 – 25 years old who are not in education, employment or training (NEET), delivered through Zoom with Go! Youth Trust’s Employability workers
- Games Drop-In: a group video conference with Jack Box games and challenges
- Barryoke: group music session via Zoom
- Netflix Party: group chat to share and watch Netflix together
All services (apart from “Jog ‘n’ Blog”) available via Go! Youth Trust’s Zoom page.
Additionally, they are also collecting old smart phones, devices and data SIM cards for young people who don’t have a way of accessing the internet, in order to help them stay connected and reduce social isolation.
Parents or anyone working with young people and looking to put them in touch with Go! Youth Trust’s mentoring and befriending services should contact the team by email: email@example.com
Alternatively, to donate any smartphones or devices, contact the team at the email address above.