Forth Valley Drug and Alcohol Partnership have released the June – September dates for their “Getting Our Priorities Right in Forth Valley” (GOPR) training workshops.
The training aims to help addiction, social services, health, education and voluntary sector practitioners explore the various factors that should be considered when undertaking their GOPR responsibilities with regards to children and families affected by parental substance use in Forth Valley.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- be familiar with the local and national policy drivers which shape service delivery in Forth Valley
- understand the underlying factors which may have contributed to a parent’s use of alcohol and other drugs
- recognise the impact of parental substance use on the welfare, development and protection of children
- appreciate the role ongoing assessment and analysis plays in keeping children and families safe
The June – September workshops will run on the following dates, 9:30am – 4:30pm:
- Tuesday 13th – Wednesday 14th June at Signpost Recovery, Cooperage Way, Alloa, FK10 3LP
- Monday 19th – Tuesday 20th June at Forth Valley College (Raploch Campus), Drip Road, Stirling, FK8 1SD
- Tuesday 27th – Wednesday 28th June at Camelon Community Centre, Abercrombie Street, Camelon, FK1 4HA
- Wednesday 23rd – Thursday 24th August at Forth Valley College (Stirling Campus), Drip Road,
Stirling, FK8 1SE
- Tuesday 5th – Wednesday 6th September at Forth Valley College (Raploch Campus), Drip Road, Stirling, FK8 1RD
- Wednesday 13th – Thursday 14th September at Camelon Community Centre, Abercrombie Street, Camelon, FK1 4HA
Alternatively, for further information, contact the Scottish Drugs Forum Administration Team by phone: 0141 2211175, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org