Fast Forward is works to enable young people to make informed choices about their health and wellbeing, through working directly with young people and those who support them.
They are delivering free training for practitioners working in a wide range of sectors (including those working with parents, carers and families), taking place on the following dates:
- Thursday 11th July, 10am – 1pm in Stirling
- Wednesday 24th July, 10am – 1pm in Inverness
The training is funded through GambleAware, with a focus on harm reduction aimed at upskilling staff and volunteers on problem gambling, in relation to its impact on people’s lives.
Participants will receive information, resources and ongoing support from Fast Forward, while also:
- developing understanding of the impact of problem gambling on families (as problem gambling can relate to domestic violence, child protection, criminal activity)
- strengthening their ability to raise awareness of gambling-related harm, prevention and harm reduction advice
- increasing their knowledge of the resources and services available to signpost individuals that need specialised support
To book your place on either training date, please visit the relevant Eventbrite page:
Alternatively, for further information (including how to arrange an information visit on an alternative date if the training dates do not suit your organisation), contact Donna Brunton by phone: 0131 554 4300, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org