As part of the Scottish Community Alliance’s community sector network, the Social Enterprise Network Scotland, Scottish Communities for Health and Wellbeing (SCHW) and the Community Health Exchange (CHEX) are collaborating on a pilot project to address the mental health and wellbeing challenges faced within local communities as a result of COVID-19.
The pilot will enable 15 community organisations to tap into a wide range of mental health and wellbeing focused activities and services supplied by social enterprises and third sector organisations. The purpose of this is to support community organisations in addressing emerging mental health and wellbeing needs within their community.
Each community organisation will have access to £1,000 to buy in these activities or services from November, until February 2021.
- What’s involved as a pilot participant?
During October, participating organisations will have a chance to shape the pilot by saying a bit about the emerging needs in their community and the types of activities and services they are interested in accessing. They will also be required to identify a lead point of contact for project communications.
- Browse the Menu of activities and services (available early November) and explore what they want to access. (November 2020)
- CHEX and their partners will connect participants with the suppliers they are interested in, so they can discuss local requirements and schedule activity. (November 2020 – January 2021)
- Activity takes place as agreed between participants and their supplier. (November 2020 – February 2021)
- Participants submit feedback on suppliers and activities accessed. (November 2020 – February 2021)
- How to get involved:
From the 15 pilot places, there are 7 places specifically for organisations on the CHEX community-led health database.
CHEX will be selecting community-led health organisations representing a diverse range of communities to take part. The pilot also aims to address need where organisations are unable to provide this themselves, and this will be a further consideration when selecting participating organisations.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 23rd October.
To submit your expression of interest, please complete the online form (including a short paragraph of no more than 500 words on why your organisation would like to be considered) on the CHEX website.