CVS Falkirk are currently recruiting for an Administrative Support for Forth Valley Top Toes, which provides a personal footcare service to older or disabled people who have no underlying footcare conditions, but who are unable to cut their own toenails.
The position is for 16 hours per week, with a wage of £8.45 per hour, based at the CVS Falkirk office at Unit 6, Callendar Business Park, Callendar Road, Falkirk, FK1 1XR. However, occasional travel may be required. Unsociable hours may be required on rare occasions, in line with organisational need.
The successful candidate will provide administrative and telephone support to the Volunteer Co-ordinator, who they will report to.
Duties will include:
- preparation of diary materials for clinics
- preparation and submission of timely requests for replenishment of materials for clinics
- triage client referrals to the service using preapproved medical criteria
- registering appropriate clients to the personal footcare service
- making appointments for new and existing clients
- data input of client details to spreadsheet
- answering incoming calls and actioning any resulting changes
- checking answerphone and actioning any messages
- maintaining client spreadsheet and paper filing systems
- compiling Monthly Statistics of clinic activity
- updating clinic information to bespoke database
- updating volunteer contacts to bespoke database
- assisting the Volunteer Co-ordinator with promotional activities as required
- supporting the Volunteer Co-ordinator in volunteer interviews
- compliance with confidentiality and data protection issues in relation to volunteers and clients
- working as a part of the operational team in CVS Falkirk, collaborating on tasks and projects as demand dictates
- any other duties as advised by the Volunteer Coordinator, Operations Manager, the CEO or the Board in line with organisational need
The successful candidate will be required to present themselves as an ambassador for CVS Falkirk in the public environment, and is expected to comply with all policies, and all legal obligations, relating to their duties at all times.
Applicants should have the following skills and qualities:
- should be a self-starter and team player
- ability to prioritise workload
- experienced in using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- experience of using databases
- confident and skilled communicator with good written and presentation skills
- a passion for working with older people
- flexible approach to hours worked
- a sympathetic and friendly approach to dealing with older people
- accuracy and attention to detail
- familiar with working to deadlines
- knowledge of Third Sector in Scotland
- experience in Third Sector in Scotland
- good knowledge of Falkirk area
- familiar with the issues faced by older people in the community
Further information about Forth Valley Top Toes can be found on their website.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 5th September.
To request an application pack, please contact Fiona Wilson by phone: 01324 692001, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org