Forth Valley Rape Crisis Centre (FVRCC) is looking for new volunteers to join their Board. There are 2 roles available: Board Member/Trustee and Treasurer/Trustee.
FVRCC is a feminist organisation providing free and confidential information, advocacy and support to anyone over 13 years old in the Forth Valley areas (Falkirk, Clackmannanshire, and Stirling) affected by sexual violence. This includes survivors of sexual violence, and their friends and families. They also provide advice, support and training to staff in other agencies who are working with survivors so they can provide a good response to survivors of sexual violence.
They aim to be inclusive and welcoming to all, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, intersex status or sexual orientation.
They are led by a voluntary Board of Trustees, who are women predominantly living or working in the area.
Volunteers in both roles will receive the following to support them in their role:
- induction training as well as ongoing training opportunities
- networking and development days with other Board Members in the Rape Crisis network to develop Governance practice
- the chance to challenge themselves and develop new skills
- the opportunity to work with people with similar values and ethos
- reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
- mentoring for anyone undertaking their first trustee post
The deadline for applications to each role is Monday 2nd August, and interviews for will be held the week commencing Monday 9th August.
To request a full application pack for either role, please contact FVRCC by email: email@example.com
Alternatively, if you have any questions about either role, contact the Chair, Rachel Maitland, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org