Forth Valley College are delivering a Skills for Life Course pilot project, aimed at those who are unemployed which has been designed to offer a combination of personal development, digital skills and practical employment-based sessions.
The 3 courses will all take place at the college’s Falkirk campus and will each last 6 weeks, with the first beginning on Thursday 11th May. Each course has space for 10 people.
Overall, the Skills for Life Course aims to improve life chances, raise aspirations and break the cycle of longer-term or recurring unemployment for individuals in the Falkirk Council area.
Key elements of the course will include:
- confidence building and assertiveness
- identifying and addressing negative behaviour patterns
- practical employment related sessions, eg. mock interviews
- financial capability and resilience
- ICT and digital awareness
To book your place, or for further information, please contact Isabel Richardson by phone: 01324 403204, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, contact Heather Mccorkindale by phone: 01324 403322