As a result of this fault, Falkirk Council has also announced closures for a number of local schools on Monday 2nd December (with a decision pending regarding Tuesday 3rd December). Edit: As of 2pm today, all schools and nurseries will reopen, aside from:
- Bainsford Primary School and Nursery Class
- Larbert Early Learning and Childcare Centre
- Kinnaird Primary School and Thistle Wing
SGN has portable electric appliances for cooking and heating available to older or disabled people, those with chronic conditions, young children, or other additional support needs, which are available through contacting their Customer Service Team by phone: 0800 912 1717.
They are also working with Falkirk Council to distribute these items at the Camelon Community Education Centre, Ambercrombie Street, Camelon, FK1 4HA, until 10pm.
SGN’s next update is due at 3pm.
Community resources and support are also available, including:
- St Francis Xavier’s Church Hall will be open to serve soup, sandwiches and hot drinks in a warm environment on Monday, 12pm – 5pm; everyone is welcome. Located across from Morrison’s Petrol Station at 1 Hope Street, Falkirk, FK1 5AT.
- Langlees Primary School will have soup and sandwiches available for all those without gas from 1pm in their school dinner hall at David’s Loan, Falkirk, FK2 7RG.
- Westfield Park Community Centre will be open 10am – 4pm for anyone who wishes to join them for hot drinks and heat until the issue is resolved; tea and coffee will be free, but donations to cover costs are appreciated, as are sandwiches and other food. They are also looking for information on anyone who can help provide transport to and from the centre (located at Westfield Street, Falkirk, FK2 9DX). They are looking into other support they can provide and will update when possible.
Falkirk Community Trust has reported that all its venues (with the exception of the Carron Gymnastics Centre and swimming lessons at St Mungo’s High School) are open as usual; its sports venues all have shower facilities, which they will not charge for during the gas emergency, in order to provide hot showers to those who need them.
- all Falkirk Libraries (including next to St Francis Xavier’s Church on Hope Street) are open and free to access, with heating. Anyone can sit inside any library during opening hours without needing to be a member, and children are welcome. Some libraries have drinks machines available, and all have wifi.
- Bainsford Community Hall will be open until 8pm, providing a warm place to sit with donated hot drinks and biscuits; there is also a limited number of heaters and blankets available.
To provide any information or details, please contact the CVS Falkirk office by phone: 01324 692000, or contact Laura Jamieson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org