- This event has passed.
Understanding Stigma Training Course
November 20, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Forth Valley Alcohol and Drug Partnership (ADP) are holding an Understanding Stigma training course on Tuesday 20th November, 9:30am – 4:30pm at Signpost Recovery, Cooperage Way, Alloa, FK10 3LP.
This one-day training aims to give participants a distinct set of knowledge and skills to help them understand and address alcohol and drug-related stigma.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- recall the meaning of stigma and the theory relating to stigma
- identify and understand the specific stigma attached to people who use substances, people in treatment, or in recovery from substance use
- describe the consequences of the cycle of stigma
- identify their own attitudes and beliefs towards treatment options and treatment outcomes for substances
- identify language and practice which de-stigmatises people affected by substance use
- challenge stigma attached to people who use substances, people in treatment or in recovery from substance use
To book your place, or for further information, please contact Scottish Drugs Forum (SDF) Administration Team by phone: 0141 221 1175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org