- This event has passed.
Staying Alive: Preventing Drug-Related Deaths Training Course
June 4 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Forth Valley Alcohol and Drug Partnership (ADP) are holding a Staying Alive: Preventing Drug-Related Deaths training course on Monday 4th June, 9:30am – 4:30pm at Signpost Recovery, Cooperage Way, Alloa, FK10 3LP.
The course is aimed primarily at frontline staff and managers of frontline services, however it is also relevant to services which support people who use substances, such as housing and homelessness services.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- identify the physical, mental and social issues experienced by people who use drugs
- describe the impact of multiple exclusions on service engagement
- recall the risk factors and protective factors for preventing drug related deaths
- identify the barriers for people who use drugs to accessing and being retained in services
- identify the reasons why service users engage in high risk behaviours and explore strategies to address
- recall strategies to engage and retain people in treatment
- recognise when to refer on/collaborate with partner agencies
- identify techniques to promote staff resilience
To book your place, or for further information, please contact Scottish Drugs Forum (SDF) Administration Team by phone: 0141 221 1175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org