- This event has passed.
New Public Protection Training Course
September 7, 2017 @ 9:15 am - 12:30 pm
Falkirk Council are piloting a new Public Protection Training half-day course through September – December, as a possible replacement for both the basic Child Protection Training and the Adult Protection Level 2A – Awareness and Reporting courses.
The course will take place on Thursday 7th September, Wednesday 13th September, Tuesday 24th October, Wednesday 22nd November, and Tuesday 5th December, with venues to be confirmed. All courses will take place 9:15am – 12:30pm.
The course aims to:
- raise awareness of the need to protect people across the lifespan (children, young people, and vulnerable adults) within the general workforce, including volunteers, unpaid carers and foster parents
- assist multiagency staff within residential and day services to develop and maintain awareness of protection issues
- assist these staff to specifically recognise, report and record actual or suspected issues of harm within formal and informal care settings
On completion of this course, participants should be clear about the responsibilities that they have to contribute to the safety and wellbeing of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and how to raise any concerns that they may have if they feel that a child, young person or vulnerable adult may be at risk of abuse harm or neglect.
Learning outcomes for the course include:
- the needs of children as outlined in GIRFEC
- the needs of adults at risk of harm
- legislation – what it is intended to achieve and the powers available
- key terms in relation to Child and Adult Protection
- some of the indicators of abuse and harm
- how to respond to a concern
To book your place, or for further information, please complete the booking forms below and return to: Workforce Development, Falkirk Council, Rossvail, 108A Glasgow Road, Camelon, Falkirk, FK1 4HS.
Alternatively, return the booking form by email: firstname.lastname@example.org