- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Training Course
September 25, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm£92
Falkirk and District Association for Mental Health (FDAMH) are holding a 2 day Mental Health First Aid training course, on Tuesday 18th September and Tuesday 25th September, 9am – 4pm at their office in the Victoria Centre, 173 Victoria Road, Falkirk, FK2 7AU.
The training provides an opportunity to learn the skills to become a mental health first aider, and improve knowledge and understanding of mental health. Participants will also receive Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid Manual and supporting handouts. Places cost £92 each.
By the end of the course attendees should have a greater understanding:
- the recovery message
- the impact of alcohol and drugs on mental health
- suicide intervention
- applying the ALGEE framework as a mental health first-aider
- what to do and say in a crisis
- signposting to professional help
- listening skills
- understanding of and how to offer first aid to someone experiencing depression, anxiety or a psychotic episode
- knowing what to say and do in a crisis
To book your place, please visit the FADMH website.