Key Processes in Child Protection Training Course
October 26 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Dates have been announced for the one-day Child Protection training course Key Processes in Child Protection. They run September – November 2018 at the Camelon Education Centre, Abercrombie Street, Falkirk, FK1 4HA, and are the last 3 dates for the course in 2018:
- Friday 21st September
- Friday 26th October
- Monday 12th November
Available to those based in the Falkirk area only, the course is aimed at:
- practitioners in the specific and intensive contact workforce (Scottish Government National Framework for Child Protection Learning and Development), e.g. staff, carers and volunteers (including those working in adult services) who carry out direct work with vulnerable children and families
- Designated Managers who have responsibility for child protection within their agency
- Named Persons, Lead Professionals and practitioners who are required to attend Child Protection Case Conferences and Core Group meetings as part of their role and remit
Attendance is required 9:30am – 4:30pm, and pre-course reading will be sent approximately 2 weeks beforehand.
The course aims to help participants:
- develop their understanding of their own and others’ role and responsibilities in relation to child protection referrals, conferences and core groups
- develop their understanding of statutory powers, duties, legal issues and good practice requirements that underpin child protection processes
- develop their understanding of their contribution to multi‐agency assessment of risk and need, utilising the National Practice Model
- develop an understanding of the components that make up the SMART child protection action plan
- focus on the need to ensure the views of the child or young person and family are appropriately represented in all aspects of child protection practice.
To book your place at any date, or for further information, contact Ross Wilson by phone: 01324 590539, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, view the course flyer.
Please note, education staff should book their place through their CPD Manager.