- This event has passed.
Introduction to Trauma Training Course
November 1 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Forth Valley Alcohol and Drug Partnership (ADP) are holding an Introduction to Trauma training course on Thursday 1st November , 9:30am – 4:30pm at Signpost Recovery, Cooperage Way, Alloa, FK10 3LP.
This training will introduce the theory of trauma and will enable participants to identify and implement practical strategies to appropriately support service users who may experience trauma.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- recognise the different types and causes of trauma which may be experienced by clients
- identify behaviours and coping strategies associated with trauma
- describe the relationship between drug/alcohol use and trauma
- recall techniques for managing disclosure of trauma
- identify how to support clients who may be experiencing trauma
- demonstrate trauma-informed practice
- identify techniques to recognise and manage issues experienced by supporting staff, eg. vicarious trauma
To book your place, or for further information, please contact Scottish Drugs Forum (SDF) Administration Team by phone: 0141 221 1175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org