- This event has passed.
Financial Harm Training Course
December 4, 2018 @ 9:15 am - 1:00 pm
There are still places available on Adult Support and Protection’s Financial Harm Training course on Tuesday 4th December, 9:15am – 1pm at Camelon Education Centre, Abercrombie Street, Camelon, FK1 4HA.
The training aims to assist multiagency staff develop awareness of financial harm and the potential impact this may have on adults at risk (including a focus on frail older adults).
Specifically, there will be focus on recognising where there is or may be a risk of financial harm or exploitation, and reinforcing the need to report and record actual or suspected issues of financial harm or financial irregularities.
After attending this course, participants should be aware of:
- the legislative background
- the definitions and diversity of financial harm
- the national and local context
- the impact it can have
- prevention and protection
The training course is aimed at:
- council workers and community care workers
- home care and Mobile Emergency Care Services (MECS) staff
- residential and day care managers/staff
- NHS Forth Valley, community and nursing staff
- all staff who deal with people in their own homes
Additionally, this course may be appropriate for key staff from partner agencies and staff from third sector providers in terms of raising awareness and widening understanding of what constitutes Financial Harm to Adults at Risk.
Alternatively, the booking form can be returned by post: Evelyn McGregor, ASP Training Administrator, Social Work Services, 108b Glasgow Road, Camelon, FK1 4HS.