- This event has passed.
Equally Safe Falkirk 16 Days of Action Open Day
November 29, 2023 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pmFree
Equally Safe Falkirk is holding an open day on Wednesday 29th November, 11:30am – 2pm at Watling Lodge, Tamfourhill Road, Tamfourhill, FK1 4RE (directions linked for your convenience), as part of their 16 Days of Action activities.
16 Days of Action (or Activism) is an annual international campaign, beginning on 25th November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, running until 10th December, Human Rights Day. This year’s theme is “UNITE! Invest to prevent violence against women and girls”, calling on people to show how much they care about ending violence against women and girls, by sharing the actions they are taking to create a world free from violence towards women. This year’s campaign also calls on governments worldwide to share how they are investing in gender-based violence prevention.
Equally Safe Falkirk (ESF) is a joint initiative by Barnado’s, Aberlour and Falkirk Council to reduce the impact of domestic abuse, by:
- partnering with survivors of domestic abuse, and children affected by it, to give them a voice and help them stay safe
- working with those who cause harm, to understand the impact of their behaviour
- providing Safe & Together training for professionals working the Falkirk Council area
The Equally Safe Falkirk Participation Group, made up of survivors who have been supported by ESF, has designed the open day event to share some key messages about the service. Attendees will:
- hear about Equally Safe Falkirk and their work supporting families to heal from domestic abuse
- have the opportunity to be part of the conversation on living in a world without Gender-Based Violence
- raise awareness and create links within our community
- celebrate 16 days of activism
They will also have the opportunity to meet the ESF team and their partners. Hot drinks and cake will be available.
For further information, please view or download the event flyer as a pdf.