- This event has passed.
Capacity and Consent Training
October 11, 2019 @ 9:15 am - 4:30 pm
Adult Support and Protection (ASP) are holding Capacity and Consent Training on Friday 11th October and Monday 16th December
The course is open to qualified and registered social workers, occupational therapists, nurses who will be required to act as council officers, team managers who will manage or manage or are managing council officers, and service managers who will manage or are managing council officers.
Learning outcomes for the course include being able to:
- understand capacity and consent issues as they relate to ASP legislation
- recognise the potential complexities associated with assessment of capacity and consent
- identify what aspects of capacity and consent attendees are able to assess, and in what circumstances
- identify ways to support assessment of capacity (e.g. in discussion with others)
- identify when to seek specialist assessment of capacity
- identify what should be recorded
All training courses will take place 9:15am – 4:30pm at the Camelon Community Education Centre, Abercrombie Street, Camelon, FK1 4HA.
Confirmation of your place and all course correspondence will be sent by email.
Alternatively, booking forms can be sent by post: Evelyn McGregor, ASP Training Administrator, Falkirk Council, Camelon Social Work Office, 108b Glasgow Road, Camelon, Falkirk, FK1 4HS.