Scottish Government is working in partnership with Fare Share to respond to the risk of increased household food insecurity resulting from an EU Exit. Part of this programme has been the purchase of additional food to supplement existing food surplus supplies available to community organisations from Fare Share.
Falkirk’s allocation of the purchased foods will be delivered to a single designated site and will be available for collection on specific dates December 2019 – March 2020. The first collection day will be on Tuesday 17th December 2019.
If you are interested in collecting on Tuesday 17th December, please return a completed request form no later than 5pm TODAY, Monday 16th December 2019.
Who is eligible?
Organisations and groups, working with people in Falkirk who currently experience or are at risk of experiencing food insecurity, are eligible to receive a share of the allocation
What Foods Are Included
Each allocation will be a mix of ambient (dried and canned) and frozen food items. Details of items available for collection can be found on the request form issued each month.
How to Request Additional Food
- Complete the request form
- Return completed form to Michelle Brown by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On receipt of completed form, a time slot will be agreed and allocated for collection on designated date(s)
Information for December 2019 Collections
- Collection Point: 66-68 La Porte Precinct, Grangemouth, FK3 8BG
- Collection Date: Tuesday 17th December 2019
- Collection Time: 9:30am – 5pm (allocated time slot to be agreed on receipt of completed request form)
Falkirk Council and their partners appreciate that the timescales for December collection are extremely tight; this was due to late notification of the changes to the programme and the subsequent arrangements which needed to be put in place.
They would welcome any notes of interest for collections in January – March, so that we can improve access for 2020.
For further information, or to record your interest, please contact Michelle Brown by email: email@example.com