Empowering Healthy Minds (EHM) Training have organised the following mental health and wellbeing courses:
- Managing Menopause
The course takes place 6pm – 8pm on Thursdays for 6 weeks, Thursday 24th October – Thursday 28th November at Link Academy, McKinven House, George Street, Falkirk, FK2 7EY.
After attending the course, participants should know more about:
- the menopause and how to manage its intrapersonal, professional, familial and social impacts
- how to manage their own thoughts and emotions more effectively
- deal with the physical, mental and emotional issues of menopause in a more positive way
Places are £90 each.
Those interested in attending, but who cannot do so this round, are advised to contact the EMH Training team and express their interest in the next course, either by phone: 01324 614085, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To book your place on the 2019 course, or for further information, please visit the EHM Training website.
- Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid (SMHFA)
A 2 day course taking place on Tuesday 3rd December and Tuesday 10th December, 9am – 4pm at the Falkirk District Association for Mental Health (FDAMH) office, 173 Victoria Road, Falkirk, FK2 7AU.
The course aims to improve attendees’ knowledge and understanding of mental health, and to teach skills for providing initial help to people experiencing thoughts of suicide or mental health problems (including self-harming, anxiety, depression and psychosis).
The course will use film clips, activities and group discussion to help attendees build their confidence and develop their skills in giving immediate help to a person in distress by applying the ALGEE framework*, until suitable professional help can be found.
* (The ALGEE framework:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies)
Participants will receive the Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid attendance certificate on completion.
Places are £120 each.
To book your place, or for further information, please visit the EHM Training website.